In your quest for a reputable property management company in San Diego, consider spending a few moments looking into the benefits of hiring Citadel Properties. The decision you make when selecting a property manager will have a far-reaching impact, so it’s important that you take all the time necessary to vet local agencies before signing a contract. At Citadel Properties, we offer a complete suite of services to protect your investment and minimize your involvement in taking care of your rental property.
3 Expert Tips to Help You Choose the Right Property Management Company in San Diego
1. Choose experience over personality. While you interview property managers, you’ll come across many prospects that seem professional and competent on the surface, but dig a little deeper and you’ll see that not everyone is qualified to manage your assets. Specialized experience in property management is a must when you want peace of mind that the right team is overseeing every aspect of your commercial property. Two key questions to ask at the onset of your interview include:
- How many properties do you currently manage?
- How long has your agency been in business?
2. Follow up on references given to you by each property management company in San Diego that you contact. Take time out of your busy schedule to meet with a professional from each agency in person when compiling research. Read reviews and check out testimonials from past and current clients, as well, to gain a better sense of how you’ll be treated as a client. Don’t overlook resources like your community’s Chamber of Commerce and the BBB. Two key questions to ask as your interview progresses:
- Can you provide several references for me to contact?
- What can I expect when I research your agency online?
3. Read the contract in full before signing and spend additional time going over the contract with a lawyer. Make sure nothing is missing that you feel a necessary component, and address any unconventional add-ons that seem out-of-place. Your contract should cover all of the following:
- A list of services and fees
- The property manager’s responsibilities
- Your responsibilities as the property owner
- The duration of your contract
- Termination clauses or articles that constitute a breach of contract
Two key questions to ask:
- Have previous clients been satisfied with the content of your contract?
- What types of revisions have you our clients made to the contract in the past?
Getting Down to Brass Tacks
Tenant screening and rent collection are two essential tasks provided by your property manager. Before you agree to sign the contract, make sure you fully approve of methods used to screen tenants as well as rent collection protocols. Minimizing the risk of renting to a bad tenant can make life much easier for everyone involved. You’ll sleep better at night with Citadel Properties handling all of the details of your commercial rental. We’re rated San Diego’s superior property management company- one you can count on to expertly manage your property.Property Management Company San Diego
View Larger Map